Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Hours: Day — 9:00 am to 5:00 pm-Monday, Wednesday and Friday, Evening – 1:00 pm to 9:00 pm-Tuesday and Thursday
Purpose of position
The Information Technology Support Specialist is critical to the success of the day-to-operations of The Next Step Public Charter School. As a member of The Next Step community, the Information Technology Support Specialist values academic achievement, persistence and responsibility, structure and support, and collaboration and respect.
The position of Information Technology Support Specialist is essential for the daily functioning of the school’s administration and its educational programs. The primary duties of the Information Technology Support Specialist are to ensure that the school’s technology infrastructure, equipment, and related software and applications meet industry standards and are fully operational in order to adequately support the school’s administrative and instructional activities on a daily basis.
Qualifications and experience: The ideal candidate will be responsible for...
- Ample experience installing, configuring, and maintaining production servers with 2012 R2 Datacenter.
- Experience working with System Center Configuration Manager 2012 R2 to deploy updates to 350 student computers in a monthly basis.
- Solid knowledge with GPOs.
- Maintain document management system and storage infrastructure for 100 users using Box.com
- Be able to work with L2 and L3 Cisco Switches, Wireless Controllers 5500 series, Cisco VPN (Anyconnect configurations)
- Have knowledge of working with OpenDNS.
- Ability to deploy operating systems OSX and Windows.
- Ability to configure Cisco devices such as switches and Firewalls
- Ability to research, evaluate and propose solutions to system implementation that fully accommodate business production.
- Ability to evaluate and select other network elements necessary to achieve maximum reliability and scalability
- Ability to implement redundancy and full disaster recovery capability
- Thorough understanding of routing, switching, WAN, WLAN, DNS, DHCP, TCI/IP and LAN and VLAN concepts as well as virtual technologies such as Hyper-V. (Using HyperV Manager Server.)
- Ability to work with Windows Active Directory.
- Ability to work with vendors on implementation of technology solutions including hardware, software.
- Extensive experience with desktop migration and computer imaging, for computers and servers (using local and cloud backups).
- Maintain video security infrastructure in check using Vivotek technologies.
- Maitain a clean directory for Access Cards for staff using emerge and Protection1 technologies.
- Maintain Email system directory up-to-date (Google Dashboard) also work with Google Vault.
- Work with Drobo boxes (NAS).
- With this in mind, the candidate must know in advance that this is a setting that requires 100 % uptime.
- Make sure Domain Controllers and DFS information is safely backed up daily.
- Strong documentation required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Analysis and Design
- Review network architecture
- Topology, interdependencies and constraints
- Research technical alternatives and analyze technical options
- Participate in design reviews
- Prepare overall design and integration plan for new processes, protocols and equipment
- Recommend selection of architecture, topology, hardware and software
- A solid understanding of the operating systems in use at the site
- Independent problem-solving, self-direction
- Works well alone or on a team
Configuration and Implementation
- Plan and document system configuration
- Implement new system configuration
- Perform workstation configuration and software loading
- Support, track and document change implementation
- Assist in development of deployment plan and methods
- Develop and implement security procedures
- Define and document test specifications
- Develop test plan and procedure
- Schedule and perform testing
- Document, interpret and report test results
Monitoring and Management
- Analyze system performance to baseline
- Monitor and report component, security and connectivity problems
- Perform functional verifications and system audits
- Make recommendations for system optimization/improvement
- Generate and present reports
Administration and Maintenance
- Set up and maintain user accounts
- Develop maintenance and upgrade plan
- Schedule and coordinate network maintenance
- Apply maintenance, upgrades and process changes
- Coordinate, communicate and document changes
- Perform system backups and restore data
- Manage inventory
- Document maintenance activities
- Ability to write purchase justifications
- Respond to critical outages after hours
General responsibilities of all staff members
As a member of The Next Step staff, this position also involves
- Fully embrace and promote The Next Step’s mission and values
- Develop and maintain positive and supportive relationships with all students and staff members regardless of background, origin, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, or home language
- Consistently implement school-wide expectations in common areas
- Participate actively in special events, community days, and graduations that occur on site, community meetings and staff meetings as needed.
- Work cooperatively with colleagues to develop and implement effective and relevant policies
- Adhere to school policies as described in employee handbook
- Reflect upon performance, set goals for improvement, and take advantage of training opportunities to learn and implement effective strategies
- Maintain an organized, clean, and inviting work area
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Supervision and evaluation
This position will be supervised and evaluated by the Chief Operating Officer.
If you meet the qualifications, and would like to apply to this position, please forward your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Network Administrator ” in the subject line.