Reports to: Administrative Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Hours: Day — 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Purpose of position
The position of Day Registrar is critical to the success of The Next Step Public Charter School. The Day Registrar enrolls students in The Next Step, inputs student schedules, maintains the student roster, prepares student transcripts, and withdraws students, and ensures that the enrollment process and student information is correct. The Next Step staff engages and motivates young adults by developing positive relationships with them and supporting them as they face academic and life challenges. As members of the Next Step community, registrars value academic achievement, persistence, responsibility, structure, support, collaboration and respect.
- High school diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Two to four years of specific job-related office experience and pertinent training
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Extremely well organized and efficient
- Fluency with software, hardware, basic office equipment, and online programs used to track, maintain, and disseminate data
- Must be able to communicate in Spanish and English orally and in writing, especially over the telephone and in writing
· Organize and manage bi-annual enrollment periods.
· Navigate all applicants through the enrollment process in coordination with the data department, the assessment department and the school principals.
· Oversee DC Residency Verification for all students and manage OSSE’s Enrollment Audit.
· Input and update student information and admissions/enrollment data on student information system and ensure it appears accurately in external databases.
· Enroll and withdraw students using student information system.
- Manage external databases such as SLED, The Hub, Qlik, etc. to manage student data and ensure compliance with OSSE and PCSB regulations as related to enrollment and discipline data.
· Create and maintain student files
· Ensure student record requests from internal and external solicitors are fulfilled following FERPA regulations.
· Responsible for working with the evening registrar.
- Ensure scanning of historical student file documents
- Ensures pictures are taken for student ID’s.
General responsibilities of all staff members
- Fully embrace and promote The Next Step’s mission, vision, and values
- Develop and maintain positive and supportive relationships with all students
- Consistently implement school-wide expectations in classrooms and common areas
- Participate actively in staff meetings, START meetings, Monday community meetings, and front office meetings
- Participate actively in special events, including field trips, community days, college tours, graduations, etc.
- Work cooperatively with colleagues to develop and implement effective and relevant policies
- Adhere to school policies as described in personnel manual and/or staff handbook
- Reflect upon performance, set goals for improvement, and take advantage of training opportunities to learn and implement effective strategies
- Maintain an organized, clean, and inviting work area
If you meet these qualifications and are interested in applying, please email your cover letter and resume to jobs@nextsteppcs,org with the title "Registrar - Day School"