Position: Administrative Manager (AM)
Supervisor: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Regular Hours: M – F 9:00-5:00pm
On-Call Availability: (Emergencies)
- B.A. /B.S. in liberal arts, business administration, or related field, as well as a minimum of two years performing advanced administrative duties.
- Experience with compliance, regulatory, privacy and confidentiality rules and laws.
- Experience in managing and analyzing data. Excellent attention to detail; good understanding of data, mathematic functions and operations; ability to meet deadlines; ability to work well in a team; capacity to supervise; and honesty and discretion
The Administrative Manager will be responsible for managing key administrative functions and creating cohesion across programs and departments in the areas of administration, compliance and data management.
- Supervision: The AM will supervise key administrative staff who support all areas of school functioning.
- Data Analyst- The Data Analyst supports all program data systems and their end users. The Data Analyst maintains and trains staff on the use of the student information systems. S/he produces efficient data models and reporting tools for staff and internal teams. The DA also produces all externally-mandated data reports, and reports required by the board of trustees and MOUs with external partners.
- Enrollment Manager- The Enrollment Manager enrolls students in The Next Step, monitors their attendance, prepares student schedules, maintains the student roster, prepares student transcripts, and withdraws students, and ensures that the enrollment process and student information is correct. The Enrollment Manager supervises the evening Registrar.
- Food Service Specialist- The Food Service Specialist is responsible for managing the provision of three free meals each day to all TNS students.
- Receptionist/Administrative Assistant – The Administrative Assistant is supervised and works for the Administrative Manager and the Human Resources Director. S/he performs reception duties at the front desk and assists the HR Director with administrative tasks in his/her department. S/he will manage the usage of common spaces in the facility.
- With support from senior management, the AM will ensure that all internal and external data requirements are being met, that adequate systems and processes are in place, and that systems are developed to meet newly identified needs. The AM will help identify additional resources needed, or pilots to be developed to support data management and analysis.
- The Administrative Manager will serve as the school’s overall compliance monitor, ensuring adherence to all legal and regulatory requirements, reporting requirements, and policy and procedure mandates.
- Serve as Title IX Coordinator and Title VI Coordinator
- Ensure compliance with applicable OSSE and federal Department of Education rules and regulations.
- Manage the PCSB compliance system, including processes and documentation related to contracting, licensing, etc.
- Ensure that the school has in place all required staff compliance positions and licensing.
Policies and Procedures
- The AM will ensure that all TNS has all necessary policies and procedures in place, that such policies are up-to-date with internal needs and external requirements, and that staff, students, and board members are familiar with all relevant policies.
National School Lunch Program
- AM will manage the NSLP through the following:
- Secure food vendor, bid as necessary, manage vendor contract and relationship.
- Supervise food handler and ensure compliance with local and state laws and regulations pertaining to food safety and service.
- Ensure delivery and quality and quantity of food for breakfast, lunch, and supper daily.
- Manage NSLP lunch applications, certification, and verification process.
- Produce and sign NSLP and HAS claims, and submit to OSSE.
- Work with OSSE representative for school and document reviews, compliance regulations, and attend mandatory trainings.
- Maintain Health Schools Act Plan and manage wellness team
General Responsibilities of all Staff Members
- As a member of The Next Step staff, this position also involves the following:
- Fully embrace and promote The Next Step’s mission and values
- Develop and maintain positive and supportive relationships with all students
- Consistently implement school-wide expectations in common areas
- Participate actively in special events, community days, and graduations that occur on site, community meetings and staff meetings as needed.
- Work cooperatively with colleagues to develop and implement effective and relevant policies
- Adhere to school policies as described in employee handbook
- Reflect upon performance, set goals for improvement, and take advantage of training opportunities to learn and implement effective strategies
- Maintain an organized, clean, and inviting work area
If you meet the qualifications and would like to apply for this position, please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, with “Administrative Manager” in the subject line.