Position: Human Resources Business Partner
Supervisor: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Regular Hours: Monday – Wednesday - Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Tuesday and Thursday- 11:00AM to 7PM
· B.A./B.S. in liberal arts, business, or related field from an accredited University, as well as a minimum of three years performing advanced administrative and customer service related duties.
· Human Resources certification a plus.
· Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
· Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, attention to detail, ability to perform basic mathematical functions and spreadsheets, well-organized, ability to meet deadlines, team player, honesty, and discretion.
It is also very important that the Human Resources Business Partner possess the following criteria:
· Human Resource Expertise
· Interest in becoming an expert in Restorative Practices with Staff
· Relationship Management
· Consultation - the ability to provide guidance to the organization and its managers
· Excellent Communication Skills
· Global and Cultural Effectiveness
· Ethical Practice
· Critical Evaluation - the ability to interpret information to make business decisions and recommendations
· The ability to understand and apply information to contribute to the organization’s strategic plan.
The Human Resources Business Partner will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
Human Resources Relationships
· Promote and implement human resource values by planning and managing all human resources programs and directing staff.
· Foster a good relationship with staff- staff would have easy access to all Human Resources tools. Assure that all human resource needs are met in a timely manner.
· Ensure good Employee Relations
· Provide internal leadership development
· Ensure bench strength
· Must have a general interest in staff Professional Development
Retaining and Maintaining Highly Qualified Employees
· Advertise for open positions both internally and externally
· Establish a hiring system review-i.e. develop new sources/ad sites
· Review and forward prospective candidates’ to hiring manager
· Recommend appropriate training for personnel
· Maintain Active Recruitment-Talent development
· Manage the Performance Evaluation Program
Management of Human Resources Systems
· Evaluate Ed-Ops contract, adjust as needed
· Establish role for Business Manager, assisting HR Director
· Review on a periodic basis Compensation reviews and comparisons
· Manage current emergency back-up and succession plans
· Manage on-boarding and exit processes
· Ensure smooth benefits management, review and present recommendations as needed.
· Review all job descriptions for consistency and accuracy. Update as needed
· Administer Payroll Administration-Paychex-Hourly Employee Time Sheet Printing, Updating timesheets, Timeclock Management, review of timesheets/payroll and submission of payroll
· Ensure accurate paystub balances—retirement, PTO
· Ensure systems are adequate—Paychex, TalentED
· Audit invoices associated with employee deduction such as cell phone bills, AFLAC, etc.
· Ensure Fingerprint Registration, Email Account, Mailbox, ID and Wiki Appt for new staff members
· Request Verification of Documents
· Create new TIAA accounts; Ensure accurate balances are accurate
· Manage Building Access Cards, Phones, and MiFi ordering and distribution
Management of Human Resources Compliance/Policies
· Review and Update HR Strategic Planning
· Ensure HR legal compliance
· Review/Manage Employee Policies and Handbook
· Ensure redundancy, crossing-training documentation
General responsibilities of all staff members
As a member of The Next Step staff, this position also involves the following:
· Fully embrace and promote The Next Step’s mission and values
· Develop and maintain positive and supportive relationships with all students
· Consistently implement school-wide expectations in classrooms and common areas
· Participate actively in regular meetings, including staff meetings, step meetings, and Student Support Team
· Participate actively in special events, including field trips, community days, college tours, graduations, etc.
· Participate actively in school responsibilities such as hallway and lunch supervision
· Work cooperatively with colleagues to develop and implement effective and relevant policies
· Adhere to school policies as described in personnel manual and/or staff handbook
· Reflect upon performance, set goals for improvement, and take advantage of training opportunities to learn and implement effective strategies
· Maintain an organized, clean, and inviting work area
If you meet the qualifications, and would like to apply for this position, please forward your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Human Resources Business Partner” in the subject line.